COVID-19 and council-run facilities
Unless you are exempt, you must wear a face covering in most public indoor venues including libraries and community hubs.
For more information about where else face coverings are required visit GOV.UK.
For your safety, we will be maintaining enhanced cleaning in all our facilities and will continue to provide hand sanitisers for your use when visiting.
You will still be able to sign into our buildings using the QR code for track and trace although this is no longer a legal requirement.
You can use our 24-hour online services to:
- manage your libraries account online where you can borrow eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, newspapers or comics
- view online resources – including the Encyclopaedia Britannica Online and the Dictionary of National Biography
- search for books
- renew a book by logging onto your account with your library card and PIN
- join a library.
- Opening hours
- Monday - 9am to 6pm
- Tuesday - 9am to 7pm
- Wednesday - closed
- Thursday - 9am to 6pm
- Friday - 9am to 6pm
- Saturday - 10am to 4pm
- Sunday - closed
All Medway libraries are closed on bank holidays.
- Contact details
Phone: 01634 337 799
- Free Wifi
- Bicycle Racks
- Flatbed Scanner
- Colour Printer
- Parking (Free)
- Parking (Paid)
- Public Toilets
- Study Room/Tables
- Refreshment Area
- Sure Start Centre
- Out of hours meeting facility
- Freephone for council services
- Community hub
- Art display space available
Yes, in the foyer in a locked cabinet suitable for artwork and 3D items.
183cm x 167cm
- Meeting room for hire
- Small local history collection
- Upstairs Reading Space
- Disabled access
Disabled access parking spaces for blue badge holders
Handrail by entrance
Accessible toilet - No
Guide dogs welcome
Stairs and steps marked with a contrasting colour
Audible fire alarm
Height adjustable computer desk
Audio books on CD
Books in large print