In this report we share how we have used your money and the work we have done for our tenants and leaseholders during 2019 and 2020.
Throughout 2019 and 2020, landlord services replied to:
- 42 stage 1 complaints with 95% replied to within 10 working days
- 4 stage 2 complaints with 100% replied to within 10 working days
- The average weekly rent for the years was £84.34
We helped to improve many homes including:
- 15 adapted properties for disabled residents
- installed 129 kitchens, 152 bathrooms and 116 boilers as part of our capitals works programmed
- achieved 100% compliancy for gas servicing
- managed 194 void properties
- it took on average 12 calendar days to re-let properties
- achieved 98.9% customer satisfaction with the overall repairs service
- 6,327 responsive repairs with 99.9% being right first time
- 89% satisfaction for estate cleaning
- 98% satisfaction for scheme cleaning
- Estate cleaning 100% on schedule
- 100% of fly tipping removed in three to five working days
We have helped to improve tenancies throughout Medway including:
- Collected £83,009 of leaseholder service charges
- Carriet out 362 tenancy audits
- Opened 26 new cases of anti-social behaviour
- Closed 35 cases of anti-social behaviour
- Facilitated 23 mutual exchanges
- Carried out 9 evictions, 7 of which were for rend arrears
Community development and resident engagement
We have run a number of training and well-being courses over the past year including water colour painting, yoga and food hygiene with Medway Adult Education and Medway Sport.
We have facilitated quarterly meetings for the Homes for Independent Living Forum and Estate Champions.
In January 2020 we ran a ‘New Year, New you’ campaign in partnership with A Better Medway to encourage residents to make healthier choices and make use of local services including health walks, health checks and stop smoking services.
Last year we developed a new digital newsletter and each month it is sent out via email to over 1,000 email addresses and a text link to over 900 mobile numbers. Make sure that we have your most up to date contact details by calling our duty line on 01634 333 344.
Over the next year we hope to bring you more ways to be involved with the Housing Service including events, training and workshops, surveys and consultations.
How we spent your rent in 2019 to 2020
We have put your money to good use to help improve various areas including:
- 13% towards tenancy services
- 15% towards housing maintenance
- 5% towards homes for independent living
- 3% towards estate services
- 1% towards community development
- 11% towards client side
- 2% towards centralised accounts
- 50% towards Capital Works Programme
Tell us what you think
Follow us for the latest service updates, news and activities: Medway Council Housing services Facebook page.
We're always keen to hear your feedback. Or if you'd like to share any news or views, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download this annual housing service report as a Word document: