The Medway Council Apprenticeship Academy gives you the opportunity to combine practical training in a job, with nationally recognised qualifications, starting at Intermediate Level 2 and progressing to Higher Levels 6 and 7 (degree and master's level).
We offer high-quality apprenticeships programmes to help kick-start your chosen career path, including:
- Business Administrator Level 3
- Leadership and Management Levels 3, 5, 6 and 7
- Leisure Team Member Level 2
- Leisure Duty Manager
- Personal Trainer Level 3
- Human Resources Levels 3 and 5
- Public Service Operational Delivery Officer Level 3
- Chartered Building Surveyor Level 6
- Paralegal Level 3
- Customer Service Levels 2 and 3
- Chartered Legal Executive Level 6
- Facilities Management Level 3
- Health and Social Care Level 3
- Recruitment Level 3
- Housing Levels 2, 3 and 4
- IT Application Specialist Level 2
- Professional Account Level 7
- Social Worker Level 6
- Occupational Therapist Level 6.
As an apprentice with Medway Council, you will be a valued member of our Apprenticeship Academy. You'll get the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are experts in their field and gain insights that can only come from real work experience. At every step we will encourage and support you to realise your potential.
You will also receive an excellent benefits package in addition to support, training and development resources.
The package includes:
- 23 days paid annual leave
- minimum training salary rate of £195.36 per week
- generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- free NUS Apprentice Extra Card – giving student discounts at 100s of retailers
- flexible working scheme
- free gym membership for 12 months at any of our Medway sports centres
- discounted Arriva bus travel
- Pathways to Progression (12 month) personal development programme
- Apprentice Forum (monthly meeting, training update and Champions scheme).