We provide unpaid work experience placements for a wide variety of people, such as school students, college or university students, graduates, the unemployed and adults with learning or physical disabilities.
By taking part in work experience a person can gain:
- practical knowledge to support theoretical learning
- an insight into a potential future career
- skills employers look for
- a workplace reference to help with new employment
- confidence in the workplace after a long absence e.g. redundancy, childcare or ill-health.
How to apply
Applications for placements are only open during February and October.
You need to be a resident of Medway or studying at an educational establishment within Medway to apply.
To apply for an unpaid work placement we need to know:
- details of any disabilities, medical conditions or specific needs
- the length of placement you are looking for
- the date you can start
- details of technical skills (such as use of internet, word processing, spreadsheets)
- a brief description of the type of work experience you require