Strood Community Hub is open, with a reduced service.
- borrow books
- return books
- use our click and collect, and reservations services
- collect recycling bags
- buy caddy liners
- access council services
You can book a computer slot by phoning 01634 337 799. Speak to staff if
you need extra time to complete a Universal Credit claim.
The family and adults activity sessions will remain cancelled until further
You can order and pay for daily parking visitor vouchers online.
When visiting our buildings, please follow social distancing guidance. Face coverings must be worn when visiting our buildings.
When entering our buildings you will be required to provide staff with your
name and telephone number for the NHS Test and Trace service.
You can reserve specific items for collection at a community hub or library of your choice.
Click and collect
Our new click and collect service allows you to request a specific genre, style or type of book which library staff will select for you, for example westerns or books about photography. You can choose which community hub or library to collect the books from.
You can use our 24-hour online services to:
- borrow an eBook, eAudiobook, eMagazine, eNewspaper or eComic
- view online resources – including the Encyclopaedia Britannica Online and the Dictionary of National Biography
- search for books
- renew a book by logging onto your account with your library card and PIN
- join a library
View the coronavirus pages to keep up to date with all service updates, closures and cancellations.
- Opening hours
- Monday: 10am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4pm
- Tuesday: 10am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4pm
- Wednesday: 10am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4pm
- Thursday: 10am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4pm
- Friday: 10am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4pm
- Saturday: 10am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4pm
- Sunday: closed
All Medway libraries are closed on bank holidays.
Strood Community Hub
133 High Street
- Contact details
Phone: 01634 337 799
- Free Wifi
- Bicycle Racks
- Flatbed Scanner
- Colour Printer
- Parking (Free)
- Parking (Paid)
- Public Toilets
- Study Room/Tables
- Refreshment Area
- Sure Start Centre
- Out of hours meeting facility
- Freephone for council services
- Community hub
- Art display space available
On Level 2:
Wall space: 3 boards of 2m x 1.5m
Four shelves: 1.83m x 45cm x 45cm
- Meeting room for hire
More about hiring a library room
- Small local history collection
- Upstairs Reading Space
- Disabled access
Disabled access parking spaces for blue badge holders
Non slip surface and handrail by entrance
Level ground near entrance with no steps
Automatic doors on the High Street entrance
Guide dogs welcome
Wheelchair accessible shelves
Wheelchair accessible lift
Stairs and steps marked with a contrasting colour
Audible fire alarm
Height adjustable computer desk
Audio books on CD
Books in large print