The Big Splash is a celebration of all things water with activities such as zorbing, aqua aerobics and water safety demonstrations.
All activities are included in your entrance ticket and booking is essential.
This year, the event will take place at the Strand Lido in Gillingham on Saturday 17 June 2023.
This year’s event will support the Royal Lifesaving Society's (RLSS) Drowning Prevention Week which runs from 17 to 24 June 2023.
Our swimming lessons throughout the week will be adapted to include additional water safety skills. We have also produced 2 water safety videos.
Timetable of events at The Strand
- 11am - family aqua aerobics
- 11.30am - Punch and Judy in the play park
- 11.45am - zorbing and kayaking
- 12.45pm - inflatable races (inflatables to be provided)
- 1.30pm to 2.30pm - pool closed to public
- 1.30pm to 2.30pm - Red2Rib re-enact man-over-board drills and sea survival techniques in the play park
- 1.30pm - Punch and Judy in the play park
- 2.30pm to 5pm - water safety advice and taster sessions with City of Rochester Life Saving Society
- 2.30pm to 5.30pm - whizz around the pool with Haven Holiday aqua jets
- 2.30pm - Punch and Judy in the play park
- 3.30pm to 5.30pm - inflatable pool party with Haven Holiday Entertainment Team, plus meet and greet their characters.
Water safety advice and first aid taster sessions with Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS) Save a Baby’s Life will also be running all day. These sessions will be in the play park area.
Red2Red will also be at the Lido with an RIB rescue boat demonstrating sea safety and equipment. This will include a life raft demonstration with their amazing speedboat and river tour vessel ‘Big Red’.
Punch and Judy is kindly sponsored by Child Friendly Medway.
Thank you to Haven Holidays - Allhallows for proving some of the activities. To find out more about what they offer, visit the Haven
For the first time throughout summer, Red2Red will be operating budget friendly rides and experiences from Sun Pier in the heart of Chatham Waterfront.
For further information, visit the Red2Red website.
Water safety videos
We have also produced 2 water safety videos covering:
- basic CRP and DeFib
You can watch these videos for free on our online fitness channel.
Book your place
You can make a booking in advance:
- premier members: 15 days in advance
- other gym members: 10 days in advance
- non-members: 7 days in advance.