Dispute a Council Tax liability order application
You can dispute our application for a Council Tax liability order by completing our online form.
You should allow enough time for us to look into your dispute. The amount of time we need to investigate will depend on your particular circumstances.
If we receive your dispute without enough time to investigate before your court hearing date, your hearing may be moved to a later date.
Before you start
To complete the form you will need:
- your Council Tax account number, see where to find this on your summons
- the address of the property you have received the summons for
- your name and contact details
- your reason for disputing the liability order
- evidence that supports your reason.
Terms and conditions
By submitting the online form, you agree that:
- the information you give is complete and correct
- your Council Tax is still due and payable while we look into your circumstances.
- your details will only be shared with services that need them
- staff can only see the information they need to do their job.
After you submit this form
If you provide us with a valid email address, you will receive an email confirming we have received your application.
Your dispute will then be investigated, and we will contact you before the court hearing date to let you know the outcome.