If you’re having trouble paying your council tax and are on a low income you may be eligible the Council Tax Reduction Scheme.
We may also be able to offer you an alternative repayment scheme, to discuss this email us on email@example.com or phone 01634 332 222.
If you can’t pay, contact us as soon as possible or further action will be taken to recover what is owed.
To avoid further action set up a direct debit or pay online.
If you're struggling to pay your bills, you can also view our debt advice.
If you don't pay
Next steps if you don’t pay:
- You’ll be sent a reminder notice
- We’ll give you 10 days to pay this and you’ll need to continue to pay the instalments shown on your bill
- If you don’t pay the rest of your instalments, the plan will be cancelled, the full year’s council tax will be due and you’ll be sent a final notice
- If you pay what’s due on the reminder and fall behind again we’ll send a second reminder notice
- If you fall behind a third time your instalment plan will be cancelled, the full year’s council tax will be due and you’ll be sent a final notice. You will then have 14 days to pay the balance shown to prevent the Magistrates Court issuing a summons