Our planning service is responsible for processing and determining all types of planning applications, Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs) and works to trees in conservation areas.
We investigate and enforce breaches of:
- planning control
- unauthorised works to protected trees
- protection of listed buildings
- conservation areas
We're a Lead Local Flood Authority and are responsible for sustainable urban drainage systems.
How we maintain quality
We maintain quality by:
- working together with developers with the aim of delivering quality and sustainable growth
- following the processes and procedures required to meet legal requirements
- considering council priorities, current legislation, best practice and customer feedback to identify the needs of our stakeholders
- identifying risks and opportunities to reduce risk and maximise opportunities to meet the needs of stakeholders and customers
- reviewing service plans every year