We're working with Medequip to enable residents to return community equipment they no longer need. You can help someone locally by recycling your equipment today.
What you can return
You can return any of the following medical equipment that you no longer use:
- wheeled adjustable frames
- perching stools
- raised toilet seats
- pressure cushions
- toilet frames
- adjustable walking sticks
- adult crutches
- chair raisers
- grab rails.
Medequip will also accept any equipment that is broken. All returned equipment will be thoroughly checked, cleaned and repaired if needed. We will then send out each item to patients who need the equipment so that it can be re-used.
This recycling initiative helps residents to recycle their equipment and help someone locally.
Where you can return it
Medway residents can return equipment by:
- arranging a free and safe collection from Medequip: phone 01634 975 108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- delivering equipment to Medequip's depot: Unit 4 to 5, Rochester Trade Park, Maidstone Road, Rochester, Kent ME1 3QY
- dropping equipment off at our amnesty bin location outside Medway Hospital
- using the amnesty bin located in the main reception area at Rainham Healthy Living Centre.
We now also have a second amnesty bin located at the entrance of the Rochester Healthy Living Centre. Items can be returned during
We will update this page when our amnesty bin moves to other locations across Medway.
Find out more about how to arrange a collection.