If premises are being built, extended or substantially changed structurally, the investors will need to get planning permission before the necessary investment can begin.

They must also be able to prove that a premises licence would be granted for the premises when the building work is completed.

The applicant could be a firm of architects, a construction company or a financier.

Application process

When applying, you must describe the work that will be done and the licensable activities intended to take place when it's completed. The application must be advertised and copied to the responsible authorities in a similar way to the arrangements for an application for a Premises Licence.

You will need to:

You must also advertise the application and send copies to the responsible authorities.

You can also download the application for a provisional statement.

Application form

You can get an application form by contacting us, we can arrange for an application to be left at reception or send it in the post. 

We must be able to read the form easily. If areas of the form are left blank or items missing, the form will be returned as an invalid application.

Apply online

Apply for a provisional statement

Tacit consent

Tacit consent will apply to online application. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the council by the end of the stated target completion period which is 28 days.

More information

For more information contact the Licensing Team by emailing licensing@gravesham.gov.uk.

Write to: Licensing Unit, Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TR