Report an accident at work

Employers have a duty to report certain types of injury in their workplace under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR).

Only ‘responsible persons’ including employers, the self-employed and people in control of work premises should submit reports under RIDDOR. 

You can:

Reporting out of hours

The HSE and local authority enforcement officers are not an emergency service. 

If you need to report a very serious or dangerous incident, such as a work-related death, phone:

  • us on 01634 304 400
  • HSE on 0345 300 9923.