This one-day course is aimed at anyone who is involved in preparing and serving food to the public, such as:
- school meals
- after school clubs
- restaurants, cafes and any other food eatery.
The course covers basic food hygiene and includes:
- introduction to food safety
- food safety hazards
- principles of safe food storage
A maximum of 15 can be trained at our centre. For larger groups separate dates and venue can be arranged.
Tea and coffee is available through the day. Course attendees need to provide their own lunch or buy lunch at the on-site café.
The course is taught by the School Contracts Team.
- time: 9am to 5pm
- venue: Gun Wharf, Medway Council, Dock Road, Chatham ME4 4TR.
For future training dates email email@example.com.
Charge is £80 + VAT per person and a cancellation fee may apply. Course attendees will also be responsible for arranging cover.
Book a place
To book a place for an employee, employers must complete the Chartered Institute for Environmental Health (CIEH) candidate assessment needs form.
The employee (course attendee) is asked to complete the pre-course questionnaire to confirm their place. The questionnaire needs to be completed and returned 10 days before training.
If you need your test to be taken in a different language, let us know with your booking. This needs to be made at least 14 days in advance of the course date.
For information on course availability:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 01634 334 453.
Terms and conditions
Course attendees will need to pay a £30 cancellation fee if:
- we are not informed within 48 hours before the course starts that they cannot attend
- an attendee does not show up on the day.