High Halstow Neighbourhood Plan examination
High Halstow Parish Council has prepared a draft neighbourhood plan to manage future development in its parish.
The plan covers the entire parish area of High Halstow. It sets out local community aspirations over the plan period 2020 to 2037 with
High Halstow Neighbourhood Plan was submitted to Medway Council for publication for representations at regulation 16. This
The plan progressed to independent examination. Christopher Lockhart-Mummery was appointed to carry out the
The examiner has provided initial observations in his examination note 1 and invited brief responses from Medway Council and High Halstow Parish Council.
The examiner held an exploratory meeting on 31 August 2023 with representatives of:
- High Halstow Parish Council
- Medway Council
- Redrow Homes
- Dean Lewis Estates.
The meeting considered potential options for re-drafting the submitted neighbourhood plan to address issues in the
The examiner invited all 4 parties at the meeting to submit a short response on their preferred approach to a
He invited further correspondence on this matter, and indicated a
High Halstow Parish Council withdrew the draft plan from examination on 24 October 2023 and the examination was closed.
View the examination documents relating to the High Halstow Neighbourhood Plan:
- High Halstow Neighbourhood Plan - submission version August 2022
- Design Code
- Local Greenspace Assessment
- important views
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Consultation Statement
- Examiner's Note 1
- Medway Council response to Examiner’s Note 1
- High Halstow Parish Council response to Examiner's Note 1
- Examiner’s Note 2
- High Halstow Parish Council response to Examiner’s Note 2
- Examiner’s correspondence (17 October 2023)
- High Halstow Parish Council - letter of withdrawal
- Examiner’s correspondence (30 October 2023).
See the representations on draft neighbourhood plan made at regulation 16: