Apply for or renew a HMO licence
Applying for a HMO licence
To apply for a HMO licence, you will need to include the:
- name, address, email and phone number of the company or person managing the property
- a copy of the tenancy agreement
- mortgage lender’s name, address and account/reference numbers
- room’s measurements in square meters and their location in the private rented property
You'll also need to submit supporting documents including:
- a floor plan of the property
- proof of address for the proposed licence holder
- a Landlords Gas Safety Record
- the Tenancy Agreement
How to apply
To apply for a HMO licence you will need to download and complete the HMO Licence application form.
You’ll also need to submit and pay for your licence.
Please send your application and supporting documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Private Sector Housing Team, Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham Kent ME4 4TR.
Renew a HMO licence
To renew your existing, current licence download and complete the HMO licence renewal application form.
Please return your completed application by email to email@example.com or by post to: Private Sector Housing Team, Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham Kent ME4 4TR.