Before you register for social housing
Social housing provides affordable accommodation to people on low incomes. To be eligible for social housing you must have some housing need, for example your current accommodation is not suitable for you or a member of your household.
You can register for social housing in Medway through Kent Homechoice. Before you apply, you will need to complete a pre-assessment to check you’re eligible for social housing.
You’ll need the following information to complete the pre-assessment:
- ages of the members of your household
- your salary details
- total amount of benefits that you receive, including housing benefit
- any other income, including savings
- total of any money that you owe
- total amount of any current or former owed rent