Register a birth abroad

If your child was born outside of the UK, you must register the birth according to the regulations of the country where the birth took place. There is no need to register the birth in the UK but it may be possible to make a consular registration with either the nearest consulate or with the consular department of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

Visit GOV.UK for more information on registering a birth abroad