When a young person goes into year 12 and 13, we can no longer offer free travel. If you’re a Medway student under 19 you can apply for a discounted bus or rail pass.
Download our Post-16 Travel Policy 2023 to 2024.
Transport 16 plus travel application
You can download the transport 16 plus travel application to print and complete here:
- transport 16 plus travel application (standard print version)
- transport 16 plus travel application (accessibility-friendly version).
You can use your pass on school days for one return journey each day between the points shown on the ticket. You can not use it for any other journey.
For current prices email email@example.com.
To apply for a rail pass you'll need to include:
- your child’s name
- your child’s date of birth
- names of boarding and destination stations
- dates the pass is needed for.
You can also get an application form from Medway libraries, contact points and community hubs.
Once we have your application
When we have your application form, your payment will be processed and a rail warrant issued. You will need to collect this from Gun Wharf by appointment.
Rail passes cannot be used on high speed train services.
Terms and conditions
- the student named on the ticket is the only person entitled to use it. If it is given to someone else to use you could be prosecuted by the bus or train company
- misbehaviour on a bus or train could lead to tickets being withdrawn – you would then have to make your own daily arrangements.