Adult safeguarding board
As part of Medway Council's adult safeguarding responsibilities, we are a member of the Kent and Medway Adults Safeguarding Board.
The purpose of the board is to:
- make sure that member agencies work together to keep vulnerable adults in Kent or Medway safe from abuse or neglect
- provide strategic oversight of safeguarding activity in Kent and Medway
- fulfil the statutory requirements outlined in the Care Act 2014 and related guidance
The board publishes annual reports, guidance and recent updates including:
- self neglect policy and procedures
- joint police, social services and health protocol for dealing with cases of domestic abuse involving vulnerable adults
- protocols to safeguard adults and those at risk of sexual exploitation, modern day slavery and human trafficking
Draft Strategic Plan 2018 to 2021
The board has a strategic plan to deliver its responsibilities.
Safeguarding adult reviews (SAR)
The Safeguarding Adults Board are responsible for arranging a Safeguarding Adult Review (SAR) when an adult in their area:
- dies of neglect or abuse and there is a concern that the partner agencies could have worked to protect the adult
- has not died but the SAB knows or suspects that the adult has been abused or neglected, for example if someone is likely to have died without intervention, has suffered permanent harm or has reduced quality of life