Report adult abuse

If someone is in immediate danger, contact the emergency services on 999. If someone is not in immediate danger but you need help fast, contact the police on 101.

Report an abuse concern

You can also report any adult protection concerns to us by calling us during the day on 01634 334 466 from 8.30am to 5pm.

If it’s an emergency outside of normal hours, you can also call us at any time on 03000 419 191.

Send us more information by completing our adult social care safeguarding alert form and emailing it to

When you report abuse or neglect, you'll speak to a social care professional who will discuss your concerns with you.

People in Position of Trust (PiPOT) guidance

From 1 September 2020, Kent County Council Adult Social Care and Medway Council’s Adult Services will no longer be accepting Adult Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) referrals.

Instead, all Kent and Medway Safeguarding Adults Board (KMSAB) partner agencies must have their own policy and procedures in place for responding to concerns against any person who works with adults in positions of trust (in either paid or unpaid capacity) in line with the Care Act. This also applies to all organisations commissioned to provide services by them. If a person who is not connected to an organisation has a concern, they should contact the local authority for safeguarding advice.

To support this change, KMSAB has produced a policy document Managing Concerns around People in Positions of Trust. The Board's main Policy, Procedures and Guidance document (the section on page 14) has also been updated. You should read through the new guidance in preparation for 1 September, and share with relevant people in your organisation.