Direct payments are a personal care budget paid directly to you on a prepayment basis. They give you the flexibility to pay for the care services you want rather than relying on your local council.
How to get direct payments
You can be considered for direct payments if:
- you're already receiving social care from us
- you're the parent of a disabled child
- you've been assessed as eligible for care.
To get direct payments, your social worker will send a referral to the Self Directed Support Team. You'll also need to complete a financial assessment to see how much you can pay towards your care.
How direct payments work
Working together with you, a care plan and budget will be drawn up to determine what support you need. Then, your direct payments will be sent straight to you or someone nominated.
The result is you'll have total flexibility in your care. You can choose who you want to care for you and when. You can even:
- employ support workers
- start a contract with an agency
- use your personal budget in a more creative way to meet your care needs.
It will not affect your current benefits and you'll receive full support from the self-directed support team every step of the way to help you with budgeting and hiring.
Also, when you start your direct payment plan you'll be asked to sign the Medway direct payment scheme terms and conditions.
How direct payments benefit you
Direct payments benefit you because:
- you get the flexibility to choose who and how you meet your care needs
- you can get support when and where you want it
- they help you feel more independent
Contact the direct payment team
You'll be given all the support you need to meet your goals. If you need some extra support managing your budget, or just have some questions, please contact us by phoning 01634 331 351 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.