Temporary provision for off-sales

The government has extended the terms of some premises licences that only permit the sale of alcohol for consumption on the premises.

The extension will allow the sale of alcohol for consumption off the premises. This is an off-sale. This will make it easier for businesses to make use of outdoor space for dining and the sale of alcohol.

Who can apply

Your premises must be covered by a Premises Licence under the Licensing Act 2003. If your premises is covered by a Club Premises Certificate, you’re not permitted to take up this temporary provision.

You can only submit a notification if your premises held a Premises Licence on or before 22 July 2020.

How to apply

From 1 January 2019, Medway Council’s Licensing Service became a shared service with Gravesham Borough Council.

All licences for premises in Medway, or Gravesham, are now processed by the shared team, based at Gravesham’s Civic Centre.

Visit Gravesham Borough Council website to apply for a temporary provision for off-sales.