- This agreement begins once both parties have signed.
- Your membership starts on the membership start date.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the type of membership chosen.
- You cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else.
Fees and charges
- The sliding scale starter payment, first month payment and joining fee, where applicable, is due from you to us. This is payable immediately and is not refundable in any circumstances other than those set out in clause 7 in the general terms below.
- The Direct Debit payment amount is due from you to us. You are obligated to make the minimum number of Direct Debit payments stated with the first one being paid on the 1st Direct Debit payment date and then every month thereafter. For the avoidance of doubt, you are obligated to make every Direct Debit payment regardless of non-attendance, whatever the reason may be. Should you fail to make a Direct Debit payment then the remainder of those payments will become due immediately.
- You agree to advise us immediately of any change to the Members Details provided.
In order to extend your membership after completing the minimum number of Direct Debit payments, we will automatically continue collecting the Direct Debit payment amount every month. Your membership will be extended by one month each payment. Each payment made is not refundable under any circumstances.
This renewal Direct Debit payment amount may only be amended if you have not taken out a Fixed Price “Life” membership. We will advise you in writing giving 10 days’ notice.
- You agree to comply with the rules of membership which are displayed prominently in the club and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these rules at any time provided we give you advance notice of the change.
- If we take no action, let you off any breach of this agreement, or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
- We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you.
- Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
- This agreement is governed by English Law.
- You have the right to cancel this agreement within 10 days of the start date by sending or delivering written notice of cancellation to us. We shall refund you in full any money which has been paid towards membership fees.
- We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the club's rules. In this event, you will not be liable to pay any further Direct Debit payments, provided that we do not deem such breach as to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund.
Please ensure you have your membership card to gain entry - entry may be refused without it.
A member may cancel the membership on completion of the minimum number of Direct Debit payments by providing 30 days written notice.
Use of your Information
The information held about you by credit reference agencies may be linked to records relating to any person with whom you are linked financially. Read the “Use of Associated records” below before you sign.
We may instruct a third party company to search your records at credit reference agencies who will add a “Footprint” of this search to their record about you. This “Footprint” will not be seen by other organisations that make searches. This and other information about you and those who you are linked with financially may be used to make decisions about credit and credit related services such as insurance for you and members of your household, trace debtors and recover debt.
Please telephone us on 01634 338 767 if you want to have details of those credit reference agencies from whom we obtain information about you. You have a legal right to these details.
You have a right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you if you apply to us in writing. A fee will be payable.
Medway Council processes personal data consistent with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, for more information about how the council processes your personal data please see our privacy notice.