- This agreement begins once a new member has signed a membership form or agreed through the online booking system.
- Your membership starts on the designated membership start date.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the type of membership chosen.
- You cannot transfer this agreement or membership to anyone else.
Fees and charges
- The sliding scale starter payment and first month payment are due from you to Medway Sport on signing of the membership agreement. The starter payment is payable immediately and is not refundable in any circumstances other than those set out in clause 5 in the general terms below.
- The Direct Debit payment amount is due from you to us on the first day of each month. You are obligated to make a minimum of one direct debit payment and to continue to make direct debit payments, regardless of non-attendance, unless you notify us in writing. This is set out in our cancellation policy.
- You agree to tell us of any change to the member's details provided as and when they change.
Medway Sport will collect the Direct Debit payment amount on the first day of each month. Successful receipt of the Direct Debit payment entitles you to continue using Medway sports centres for the purposes defined by your membership, up to and including the final calendar day of that month. Each payment made is non-refundable.
We may amend your Direct Debit amount by advising you in writing using the contact details you give us, giving at least of 30 days’ notice.
- You agree to follow the operational rules of Medway Council sports centres and the terms of their membership which are displayed on this page. We may make reasonable changes to these rules at any time provided we give you advance notice of the change.
- We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights to a third party on notice to you.
- Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
- This agreement is governed by English Law.
- You have the right to cancel this agreement within 14 days of the start date by emailing a written notice of cancellation to us. We will refund you in full any money which has been paid towards membership fees.
- We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the centre’s rules. In this event, you will not be liable to pay any further direct debit payments, if we do not deem the breach as to have occurred primarily to qualify you for a refund.
- You may place your membership on 'freeze' for a period of 1 to 9 months for a £5 per month fee payable in advance. This is provided that you can supply written medical evidence of an acute medical condition, unknown at the time the membership was initially activated, for which the relevant medical expert deems exercise to be unsuitable. During the period the membership is frozen, the member is not permitted to use any of the benefits of the membership.
- Medway Sport may, in exceptional circumstances, agree requests to freeze memberships for non-medical reasons. These will be chargeable at a fee of £5 for each calendar month the membership is frozen. All requests to freeze memberships must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensure you have your membership card to gain entry. If you forget your card, you must report to reception where your details will be checked by asking a series of questions relating to the details supplied when activating your membership.
There is a £5 fee to replace lost or misplaced membership cards.
As a member, it is your responsibility to ensure you update us with any changes to your personal circumstances such as email address, postal address, or phone number.
As a member, it is your responsibility to amend membership type to suit your personal choice.
Bookings terms and conditions
Any online booking made by the member requires that they attend each session or cancel using their online account.
Bookings which are not cancelled in advance will be chargeable to the member.
Members can only book for themselves and other linked members upon request.
Premier members can book up to 15 days in advance. All other membership types can book up to 10 days in advance.
A member may cancel their membership by providing 30 days’ written notice.
You can send your written notice to cancel your membership to email@example.com. No other forms of notification will be accepted.
Use of your information
You have a right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you if you apply to us in writing. A fee will be payable.
You can find out more about how Medway Council handles your personal data on our website.