Friends of Medway Libraries
Friends of Medway Libraries was formed in 2006 to raise the profile of libraries in Medway. The group meets socially, once a month.
What do the Friends do
The Friends are an independent group of volunteers who support and promote Medway Libraries through various activities, such as:
- raising the profile of the library service in the community
- encouraging the use of libraries
- helping with library events including author talks and baby bounce and rhyme
- running promotion stands at school fetes, shopping centres and other public places
- assisting with customer satisfaction surveys
- helping with leaflet drops
- supporting readers' groups
- running knitting for charity groups in libraries
Friends of Medway Libraries function independently of the Medway Libraries, with their own constitution, funds and objectives, working closely with library staff.
Join the Friends
The Friends help to put Medway Libraries at the heart of the community. As a Friend of Medway Libraries you will:
- understand more about libraries
- influence future library development in Medway
- meet people with similar interests
- get to know and make a difference in your local community
- develop existing or gain new skills, knowledge and experience
- increase confidence and self-esteem
- improve your curriculum vitae (CV).
To get involved contact us: