Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
All libraries and hubs are closed
Our libraries and community hubs are closed until further notice, in line with government advice on social distancing. This includes the mobile library.
Loans, renewals and membership
Until further notice:
- all loans and renewals will be issued for 8 weeks
- you can renew loans up to 15 times
- any overdue charges and fines will be waived
- the system for borrowing books from partner libraries has been suspended
- library cards due to expire will automatically be renewed for another year
Online library services
You can use our 24 hour online services to:
Events and exhibitions
Events and group activities held at our libraries and archives centre are cancelled until the end of June.
This includes the drop in exhibitions for the Hoo Peninsula consultation.
We are running virtual book clubs during this time.
Medway Libraries for you
News and events
To celebrate the 150th anniversary of the publication of the Mystery of Edwin Drood, join our virtual book club.
Bring your knitting, sewing or crochet along to one of these friendly groups.
Go crazy with the world's favourite blocks.