Coronavirus: cancellations and closures
Libraries and hubs closed
Our libraries and community hubs are closed until further notice, in line with government advice on social distancing, to help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Loans, renewals and membership
Until further notice:
- all loans and renewals will be issued for 8 weeks
- you can renew loans up to 15 times
- any overdue charges and fines will be waived
- the system for borrowing books from partner libraries has been suspended
- library cards due to expire will automatically be renewed for another year
Online library services
You can use our 24 hour online services to:
Events and exhibitions
Events and group activities held at our libraries and archives centre are cancelled until the end of June.
This includes the drop in exhibitions for the Hoo Peninsula consultation.
View the coronavirus pages to keep up to date with all closures and cancellations.