Capstone Farm Country Park and Riverside Country Park offer a variety of ranger-led educational opportunities for groups of children of all ages.
About the educational programmes
The programmes are designed with the National Curriculum Standards in mind. There is also the opportunity for teachers to tailor the educational packages to their specific lesson plan. Educational packages can also be designed to fit the individual needs of each student.
Ranger-led activities should be booked early due to high demand and are best with groups of up to 35. Arrangements can be made for larger groups. Schools should be aware that if they are bringing more than 2 classes, the rangers may not be available to lead all activities.
- run between 45 minutes and 1 hour 30 minutes and equipment is provided
- are usually arranged between 10am and 3pm
- at Riverside Country Park offer the opportunity for estuary studies.
School groups taking a ranger-led activity may use the education room free of change and can accommodate up to 50 people.
If you're organising a school visit you should make sure that there are enough chaperones.
Capstone and Riverside educational visits
School trips can be self-led or led by a ranger. For health and safety reasons certain packages will have to be ranger-led, which will be explained in the booking process. Depending on class size and ranger availability it may be necessary for teachers to lead some activities.
We recommend that those teachers who are accompanying the class conduct a site visit before arrival to familiarise themselves with the site and produce their own risk assessment.
Most school trips:
- are for 1 school class (up to 35 children) per visit
- last for a half day from 10am to 12pm or 1pm to 3pm, or the whole day from 10am to 2.30pm.
Prices for ranger led visits:
- Medway groups and schools: £3.20 per student
- Non-Medway groups and schools: £3.60 per student.
Book a school trip to Capstone or Riverside
For bookings and enquiries you can contact us by phone:
- Capstone Farm Country Park: 01634 338 191
- Riverside Country Park: 01634 337 432.
Alternatively, you can email for both parks: email@example.com.