Capstone Farm Country Park and Riverside Country Park offer a variety of educational opportunities for groups of children of all ages with rangers on hand to lead activities.
About the educational programmes
The programmes are designed with the National Curriculum Standards in mind. It also offers teachers a choice of lesson topics and can be designed to fit the needs of each of their students.
Ranger led activities should be booked early due to high demand and are best with groups of up to 35. Arrangements can be made for larger groups. Schools can bring more than 2 classes but rangers may not be available to lead activities.
- run between 45 minutes and 1 hour 30 minutes and equipment can be provided
- are usually arranged between 10am and 3pm
- for Celtic activities (at Riverside Country Park) run from 10am to 2.15pm
School groups taking a ranger-led activity may use the education room free of change and can accommodate up to 50 people.
If you're organising a school visit you should make sure that there are enough chaperones.
Capstone educational visits
School trips will be led by a ranger if they're available, if not a ranger will lead one class while a teacher leads the other and they classes will swap after lunch.
Most school trips:
- are for 1 school class (around 30 children) per visit
- last for a half day from 10am to 12pm or 1pm to 3pm, or the whole day from 10am to 2.30pm
Prices for ranger led visits:
- Medway groups and schools: £2.50 per student
- Non-Medway groups and schools: £3.50 per student
Capstone forest school visits
Most forest school visits:
- are for school groups of up ot 10 pupils
- are for 1 to 2 hours depending on the group
Schools will be charged for a minimum of 10 students per session and costs £3.50 per student.
Book a school trip to Capstone
To book a school trip to Capstone or to confirm availability of your chosen dates and for more information please phone 01634 338 191.
You can also contact Riverside Country Park on 01634 337 432 or Capstone Farm Country Park on 01634 338 191, or email firstname.lastname@example.org