If you're selling vehicles on the highway you must get consent from us.
Consent will be free of charge and issued if:
- the customer has provided ownership documents in their family name for the vehicle
- the vehicle does not cause nuisance or loss of amenity where it is being offered for sale
- there are no parking restrictions in place
- the vehicle does not form part of a number of multiple sales either by the customer or his or her agent.
If you're selling a vehicle on the highway without consent it is liable to be seized by us. We may then take legal proceedings against the owner for the recovery of its costs with its powers under the Medway Council Act 2004.
No trading can take place on prohibited streets and no vehicle may be offered for sale on these streets.
Your application will be declined if you intend to display your vehicle for sale on any prohibited streets.
Apply for consent
You can use our online form to make a new permit application or extend an existing permit.
You'll need to tell us:
- your details, including name, address and contact information
- the vehicle details, including make, model and registration number
- your existing permit details, if applicable.
You will also need to upload a copy of the vehicle logbook (V5C) showing that the vehicle is registered to you.
What happens after
We may contact you if you do not provide enough information in your application.
Once your application has been processed and approved, we’ll issue the permit within 2 working days.