Family entertainment centres are arcades catering for families. Category C machines are for adults only and Category D machines can be played by children. There must be clear segregation between the two types of machines.

How to apply for a family entertainment centre premises licence

Family entertainment centres need an operating licence and some members of staff will need a personal licence from the Gambling Commission. Please apply for these before applying for a Premises Licence.

Applicants will then need to send the following to the Licensing Unit:

The person making an application must give notice of the application to each of the responsible authorities.