An unauthorised activity takes place either:
- without a valid licence / certificate / notice (Premises Licence, Club Premises Certificate or Temporary Event Notice)
- operating outside the authorised hours displayed on your licence / certificate / notice
- providing licensable activity which is not authorised by your licence / certificate / notice
- breaching a condition placed on your licence / certificate / notice
- when an appointed designated premises supervisor on a premises licence withdraws their consent (no longer at the premises) or does not hold a valid personal licence and you continue to sell alcohol
Enforcement action will be taken by either the licensing authority or Kent Police as this is a serious licensing offence under Section 136 Licensing Act 2003 and if prosecuted you could face an unlimited fine and/or 6 months imprisonment.