Medway Youth Awards (MYA)
The Medway Youth Awards is an annual event that aims to recognise and celebrate the achievements of young people and the adults who support them across Medway.
Co-presented by Medway Youth Council, this type of celebrations:
- promote the positive contribution of children and young people to our community
- has an impact on people’s feelings of safety and wellbeing
- tackling negative stereotypes and labelling of young people.
By promoting achievements and contributions, we hope to encourage young people to make positive choices that help them avoid crime and anti-social behaviour.
Medway Youth Awards 2022
If you know an amazing young person who gives that little bit more, has overcome difficulties or has shown courage and resilience, you can nominate them for the awards.
For the Medway Youth Awards, we look for young people aged 11 to 18 (up to 25 for young people with additional needs) who go to a school, a youth club or live or work in Medway.
The Medway Youth Awards are organised by Medway Youth Council in partnership with Medway Council and Child-friendly Medway.
The award categories are:
- McDonald's Courage and Inspiration Award
- Nucleus Arts' Creative Arts Award
- VRU Community Action Award
- Learning and Achievement Award
- Personal Development and Achievement Award
- Sporting and Physical Contribution Award
- Young Volunteer of the Year
- Team Recognition Award
- Youth Support Worker of the Year Award.
Nominations for this year's awards are now closed.
Medway Youth Awards event details
- date: Wednesday 9 November 2022
- location: Priestfield Stadium, Priestfield Road, Gillingham, ME7 4DD
- parking: 80 spaces are available at the venue, and parking is available outside the stadium
- time: arrivals from 5pm, event begins at 5.30pm
- dress code: smart casual.
There will be hot food and refreshments provided and a bar where you can buy drinks.
You can buy extra tickets for £10 per head by emailing email@example.com.