Celebrating our health heroes across Medway
Our A Better Medway Awards celebrate our shining stars and success stories in the public health sector.
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has created huge challenges for many of our health services.
Our staff and partners worked together to help combat the spread of the virus to protect our communities. It really has been a time like no other.
There are many individuals, community initiatives and health services that help improve Medway’s public health.
This year’s health awards celebrate those people and services who go above and beyond to help improve the health and wellbeing of Medway residents.
There were 16 award categories this year including 5 new awards:
- Homecare Unsung Hero Award
- Homecare Provider of the Year
- Homecare Innovation and Bright Idea Award
- Homecare Making a Difference to My Life Award
- Homecare Carer(s) of the Year Award.
- Shaping Medway’s Health - winner - Medway Asthma Self-Help (MASH)
- Outstanding Contribution to Physical Health - winner - City Way Health Clinic
- Outstanding Contribution to Mental Health - winner - AMAT UK
- GP of the year - winner - City Way Medical Practice
- Pharmacy of the year - winner - Ajay Nandyala, Delmergate Pharmacy, Wayfield Road
- Director of Public Health Outstanding Achievement award - winner, Rivermead Inclusive Trust
- Outstanding Contribution to Personal, Health, Social and Economic (PHSE) award - winner, The Rowans
- Innovation and improvement - winner - The Paramount Foundation
- HEY awards - bronze winner, Isabel Pereira. Silver winners, Boundary Road pre-school, St Nicholas Playgroup.
- Healthy Schools - Brompton Westbrook Primary School, Hoo St Werburgh Primary School, St Augustines Primary School, Warren Wood Primary School and Rivermead School
- Healthy Workplaces - Ward Security, MTS Cleaning Services Limited, BAE Systems, Bose, Brave Little Tank, Chatha Hygiene, Crest Infant and Nursery School, Dovetail Games, IVDEology, MidKent College, Rivermead Inclusive Trust, Scallywags, Southeastern Trains
- Homecare Carer(s) of the Year Award - winner - Sue Wallis, Rapid Care Services
- Homecare Making a Difference to My Life Award - winner - Tina Stockland, Boldglen Limited
- Homecare Innovation and Bright Idea Award - winner - Jordana Buckland, Austen Allen Homecare Limited
- Homecare Provider of the Year Award - winner - Scott Care Limited
- Homecare Unsung Hero Award - winner - Amanda Nicholls, Rapid Care Services.
The first awards took place in 2019 (we were unable to hold the event in 2020 due to the pandemic).
It saw over 150 health professionals at the University of Greenwich’s Medway campus.
Among the many winners were:
- The Blue Light Project, who received the Shaping Medway Health Award. The multi-agency project supports some of Medway’s most vulnerable residents who face homelessness.
- wHoo Cares, received the Outstanding Contribution to Mental Health Award. The charity supports vulnerable members of the community on the peninsula and is working to combat social isolation.
Find out more about our wide range of mental and physical health services available for Medway residents.