Family and Schools Together
Family and Schools Together is a healthy eating programme for primary and secondary schools. The programme takes a whole school approach and works with staff, volunteers, food contractors, pupils and families to embed healthy food behaviours and help reduce childhood obesity.
The programme offers schools
- help with introducing a whole school food policy
- a family workshop on lunchboxes, breakfasts, healthy eating and snacking
- delivery of a healthy eating school assembly.
Training is given to school staff and volunteers on
- healthy eating and nutrition
- meeting the requirements of the cooking and nutrition curriculum
- how to run an accredited cookery group for students and parents. By attending the course children will gain credits for their Passports to Learning
- how to set up and deliver an all-year gardening club.
On completion of the programme, we will fund and co-deliver a 6-week family cookery course and continue to mentor schools. Participating schools will also be entered into our annual Medway school growing competition.
Book a place
Email email@example.com to book your place or to ask for more information.
Training is held at Chatham Children and Family Hub, Magpie Hall Road, Chatham, ME4 5AZ.