Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
Following government guidelines about coronavirus (COVID-19) we have suspended our nordic walking groups until further notice.
In line with government guidance, we encourage you to take one form of exercise a day if possible.
Please follow the social distancing guidance when exercising:
- do not exercise outdoors in a large group
- if you are exercising with someone, make sure there is a gap of at least 2 metres between you and the other person
Nordic walking is a great form of physical activity using a pair of specially designed Nordic walking poles.
It is a safe and natural way to improve fitness levels by allowing the body to work in a balanced way.
Using Nordic Walking poles means the walk is more intense and increases the muscles working in the upper body, while still using the muscles of the rest of the body. With Nordic walking, 98% of the body’s muscles are used, far more than in normal walking.
We run a 6 week course that you are required to attend before joining a Nordic walk. The course will teach you the techniques needed to join our weekly walks.
Benefits of Nordic walking
The benefits of Nordic walking include:
- free walks led by trained walk leaders
- you only need a pair of shoes (we provide the poles)
- flat routes
- supportive and fun atmosphere
Join a walk
For more information contact 01634 333 720 or email email@example.com