We are pleased to announce that our Nordic walking training groups are now taking bookings.
For more information phone 01634 333 720 or email email@example.com.
About Nordic walking
Nordic walking is a great form of physical activity using a pair of specially designed Nordic walking poles.
It is a safe way to improve your natural walking technique alongside fitness levels by allowing the body to work in a balanced way.
Using Nordic walking poles means your walking becomes more efficient and increases the muscles working in the upper body. This means 90% of the body’s skeletal muscles are used, turning your normal walk into an all over body workout.
We offer up to 6-weeks of training that you are required to attend before joining a Nordic walking group. The course will teach you the technique required to join our regularly Nordic walking programme.
Poles will be provided for these sessions. We also offer a fast track training session for walkers who have their own Nordic walking poles.
Nordic walking poles.
Benefits of Nordic walking
Benefits of Nordic walking include:
- enjoying the fresh air
- the adventure of exploring Medway
- enhancing your mood
- mental health benefits
- reducing mild anxiety and depression
- improving and maintaining your fitness levels
- reducing your blood pressure
- improving your posture
- being surrounded by nature
- improving your back health
- poles offering propulsion
- stability during your walk
- improved hand and eye co-ordination
- improved and more efficient walking techniques
- neck and shoulder pain relief and improved neck mobility
- the same intensity of running without the high impact.
Discover more about Nordic walking in Medway:
If you would like to try a self-guided walk, we have 11 routes to choose from.
Join a walk
For more information contact 01634 333 720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org