How to get Shared Lives support

If you want to try Shared Lives, contact your care manager or social worker to discuss a referral to the Medway scheme.

They will ask you if they can share your information with Shared Lives and the Shared Lives carer who will be matched to you.

Your information will be kept securely and only shared with people who are going to be involved in your care. When it is no longer required it will be disposed of securely.

How care and support costs are paid

We will complete an assessment to decide if you would need to pay towards the cost of your care.

If you live with a Shared Lives carer, you will be asked to pay:

  • the rent of the room – this is normally paid for by Housing Benefit
  • towards food and bills each week.