On this page:
- Parenting Support Strategy
- Local information and support services
- National information and support services
- Family Solutions Parenting Support Service
- Medway Community Healthcare (MCH) behaviour clinic
- NELFT talks.
We've developed a Parenting Support Strategy that outlines how we aim to support parents, carers and guardians over the next 10 years.
There are many local and national organisations and services to help and support families with children and young people with SEND.
- Medway Parents & Carers Forum
- Medway SEND Information Advice and Support service (SENDIAS)
- Medway Family Information Service
- Citizens Advice Medway
- Healthwatch Medway
- Positive Behaviour Support (PBS).
- Council for Disabled Children
- Special Needs Today
- Action for Children
- Disability Rights UK
- Family Fund
- Disabled Living Foundation
- SEND GOV.UK
- The Mobility and Support Information Service.
Search our directory to find childcare providers such as childminders, nurseries and pre-schools in Medway.
When making contact with a provider, parents and carers should check that staff are qualified to deliver specific services.
Settings should also have a recruitment policy which shows that they follow safe recruitment practice, including taking up references and staff having a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check in place where appropriate.
Parents and carers must be referred for the service by a professional working in Health, Social Care or Education.
If you are a MCH patient you may be able to access MCH's behaviour clinic and promoting positive behaviour sessions.
Download the behaviour clinic parent information leaflet.
NELFT have shared recent talks they gave in Kent. The talks by Dr. Rachel Hussey are for families and children waiting for an autism assessment.
You can watch the following talks on YouTube: