There are many local and national organisations and services to help and support families with children and young people with SEND.
Local information and support services
- Medway Parents & Carers Forum
- Medway SEND Information Advice and Support service (SENDIAS)
- Medway Family Information Service
- Citizens Advice Medway
- Healthwatch Medway
National information and support services
- Council for Disabled Children
- Special Needs Today
- Action for Children
- Disability Rights UK
- Family Fund
- Disabled Living Foundation
- SEND GOV.UK
- The Mobility and Support Information Service
Search our directory to find childcare providers such as childminders, nurseries and pre-schools in Medway.
When making contact with a provider, parents and carers should check that staff are qualified to deliver specific services.
Settings should also have a recruitment policy which shows that they follow safe recruitment practice, including taking up references and staff having a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check in place where appropriate.
Parenting support programmes
The support programmes available for parents or carers to help with behaviour management are:
- The Incredible Years - general behavioural concerns for a child 5 to 11 years old. The family can be at EHA, CHiN or CP level to be eligible
- Triple P (ADHD only) - behavioural conduct and pro-social skills for a child 5 to 11 years old. For those already diagnosed or being assessed for ADHD
- P Teen Programme - behaviour conduct and pro-social skills for a child aged 11 to 17 years old. The family can be at EHA, CHiN or CP level to be eligible
Parents and carers must be referred for the programmes by a professional working in Health, Social Care or Education.
Download the Parenting Support Referral Form.
Find out more information about Parenting Programmes.
If you are a Medway Community Healthcare (MCH) patient you may be able to access MCH's behaviour clinic and promoting positive behaviour sessions.
Download the behaviour clinic parent information leaflet.