Prepare for your treatment
There are certain tasks we need you to do before we visit your home or business for a bedbug treatment.
This is so your treatment can be as effective as possible.
For each bedroom, you need to:
- remove all bed sheets from each bed
- take down curtains and nets
- wash all bed sheets, curtains and clothing at 60 degrees and then put them in the dryer on a hot setting for 30 minutes to kill the bugs, or have these items dry cleaned
- empty bedside cabinets and drawers under beds
- remove all items from the floors and under beds
If you do not carry out these preparations before we arrive, we will not be able to go ahead with the treatment and you will not be refunded.
At your treatment
People and pets must leave the home whilst it is being treated. This is because it will be sprayed with an insecticide to kill the bedbugs, which can be harmful to humans before it is dry.
After your treatment
There are certain rules you must follow after your treatment to make sure it’s as effective as possible.
You must not:
- enter your home for at least two hours afterwards because the insecticide spray can be harmful to people and pets
- vacuum the carpets for at least 15 days to allow the spray time to work.
- continue using the beds in the rooms where the bedbugs are. This will attract the bugs out of hiding and onto the treated areas. If you do not use the beds, the bugs will not be killed
- deep clean the bedrooms before our second visit