Prepare for your treatment
There are certain tasks we need you to do before we visit your home or business for a flea treatment.
This is so your treatment can be as effective as possible.
You need to:
- remove all loose items from the floors and under beds
- clean all floors and vacuum all carpets, rugs and sofas
- wash all pet bedding and keep it in an uninfected area
- put pet food away
- cover any fish tanks
- treat your pets with an approved flea treatment
If you do not carry out these preparations before we arrive, we will not be able to go ahead with the treatment and you will not be refunded.
At your treatment
People and pets must leave the home whilst it's being treated. This is because it will be sprayed with an insecticide to kill the fleas, which can be harmful before it’s dry.
After your treatment
The spray works over a period of time, so you may continue to see fleas for several days.
There are certain rules you must follow after your treatment to make sure it’s as effective as possible.
You must not:
- enter your home for at least two hours afterwards because the insecticide spray can be harmful to people and pets
- clean or vacuum the treated areas for at least 14 days to allow the spray time to work
- continue to treat your pets (if any) for fleas
- wash your pet’s bedding regularly
- deep clean the rooms after 14 days