There are many ways you can take action to help tackle the climate emergency.
We champion small changes. If everyone makes some small changes, accepts responsibility and takes action, we can all be part of the solution.
Your carbon footprint is the amount of carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere because of your daily activities.
You can calculate your carbon footprint and find out what you can do to lower your carbon impact on the WWF website.
Ways to help
Below are some examples of how you can lower the amount of carbon polluting our planet:
- install renewable energy devices in your home such as solar panels
- change to a green energy tariff for your gas and electricity
- buy or lease an electric car
- avoid flights by working from home using video or conference calls
- install insulation in your loft and walls
- avoid short haul flights by taking the train instead
- reduce food waste
- use water saving devices like a shower time or rainwater barrel.
- buy energy efficient appliances with an A-rating
- reduce dairy and meat consumption
- buy locally produced food
- correctly recycle materials.
Visit Kent's year of green action page for other ways to get involved.
Are you a business who wants to play their part? Find out about Low Carbon Support funding opportunities.
Email us at email@example.com.