How to get a symptom-free test
Anyone who lives or works in Medway can get a coronavirus (COVID-19) symptom-free test.
Symptom-free test at the University of Greenwich Sports Hall
You can get a symptom-free test at the University of Greenwich Sports Hall.
Address: University of Greenwich Sports Hall, North Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4GW.
You do not need to book.
Opening times are:
- Monday to Thursday: 8.30am to 4pm
- Sunday: 12pm to 7pm.
If you've had your first or second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, you should continue to get regular symptom-free
Households can also collect home test kits from COVID-19 home test collection centres, or order online.
Selected pharmacies also provide symptom-free home test kits.
Other ways to get a symptom-free test
You can also get a symptom-free test at the following locations:
- home test kits: available from a range of locations across Medway (more details below)
- secondary schools and colleges: regular testing will take place every week for students and staff
- workplace testing: some workplaces will offer tests to employees. Our outreach teams will set up organisation-based testing at locations across Medway
- walk-in pop-up test sites: these centres will be in community based settings to allow easy access to residents who do not live near a symptom-free test centre. They will include church halls, community halls, community hubs and shopping centres and other locations.
You do not need to book to get a test at these test centres:
Thursday 23 September 2021
- Chatham High Street (outside TK Maxx): 9am to 5pm.
Friday 24 September 2021
- Pentagon Shopping Centre, Chatham: 9am to 5pm.
Saturday 25 September 2021
- Dobbies Garden Centre, Gillingham: 9am to 5pm
- B&Q, Gillingham: 10am to 6pm.
Sunday 26 September 2021
- Medway Park Sports Centre: 9am to 3pm
- Capstone Country Park: 11am to 3pm.
Monday 27 September 2021
- Rainham Shopping Precinct: 9am to 5pm
- Chatham High Street, outside Poundworld: 10am to 6pm.
Tuesday 28 September 2021
- Dockside Shopping Centre, Chatham: 9am to 5pm.
Wednesday 29 September 2021
- Blue Boar Car Park, Rochester: 10am to 6pm.
Thursday 30 September 2021
- Gillingham High Street, Green Street: 9am to 5pm.
Friday 1 October 2021
- Pentagon Shopping Centre, Chatham: 9am to 5pm
- B&Q, Gillingham: 10am to 6pm.
Saturday 2 October 2021
- Medway Park Sports Centre: 9am to 5pm
- Dockside Shopping Centre, Chatham: 10am to 6pm.
Sunday 3 October 2021
- Rainham Shopping Precinct: 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Chatham High Street, outside Poundworld: 10am to 4pm.
Locations may be subject to change. We will update this page when new walk-in pop-up test centres are available.
Take a symptom-free test at home
Free home test kits are now available to anyone who lives or works in Medway.
When you get a symptom-free test at the University of Greenwich Sports Hall, you will also be able to take away free home testing kits for you and your household.
We have a collection-only site at Miss Twinkletons Fine Coffee House, Rochester, ME1 1EW.
This site is open:
- Tuesday to Friday: 10am to 6pm
- Saturday: 10am to 3pm.
You can also collect home test kits from COVID-19 home test collection centres at the Oast House and Chattenden Community Centre, or order online.
Households with home test kits should test at home twice a week to help prevent more infections.
Disposing of a home test kit
To safely dispose of the test kit, place all of the items from the test in your household waste bin.
If you have symptoms
If you have symptoms related to COVID-19 such as a cough, a high temperature or a loss of taste, you must book a symptomatic test.
You can book your symptomatic test online, or phone 119.