You can make an adult social care referral if you’re a professional such as a social worker, police officer, housing officer or work in healthcare or the voluntary sector.

This form is only for professionals making social care referrals for people aged 18 and over.

If you're not a professional, find out about our referral process for the public.

Find out how to make adult safeguarding referrals and how to refer a child to Medway's Children's Services.

Make a care referral

First, if you can, speak to the person to ensure they want help from us. We may not be able to help someone who does not want it.

What we'll need to know

Provide as much information as you can. 

About the person you're referring

Tell us about the person you’re referring, including their:

  • name
  • date of birth
  • address
  • preferred contact telephone number.

We’ll also need to know what they’re struggling with. This could include:

  • washing and dressing
  • using the toilet
  • preparing food and drink
  • getting around
  • managing money
  • maintaining a habitable home
  • relationships with family and friends
  • caring for other people, for example children.

You could include how you think we can help the person.

About you

Tell us about you, including:

  • your name
  • your job title and place of work
  • your contact details.

Make a professional referral to adult social care

What happens next

Once we have received your referral, we will aim to contact the individual as soon as possible, depending on the nature of the referral.