Medway Council, Kent Police and Crime Commissioner and Kent and Medway Fire and Rescue Authority together deliver most of the local services in your area. If you live in an area with a parish council, they too provide some local services.
This booklet provides information from each of these authorities.
The Council Tax you pay, is collected by Medway Council on behalf of all the above authorities. The total amount is then divided between them.
Medway's Council Tax is the lowest in Kent.
Find information on:
- how much will I have to pay
- where the council's money comes from
- what the council spends money on
- paying for big, long term projects
- changes in cost of services
- how Council Tax is worked out
- key services provided by other authorities
- Council Tax and fair processing notice
- get in touch