The key services provided by authorities other than Medway Council.
Parish councils maintain local assets including:
- common lands
- burial grounds
- play areas
- tennis courts
- litter bins
Parish councils are consulted on all planning applications affecting their area.
Your personal information will be held and used in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018.
Medway Council will use the information you have provided in connection with the administration of Council Tax. Medway Council is also under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to this end may lawfully disclose information to other public sector agencies to:
- prevent or detect benefit fraud and any other crime and/or to administer claims for non-payment of Council Tax
- support national fraud initiatives – the council is required by law to participate in National Fraud Initiative (NFI) data matching exercises. Council Tax information may be provided to the Audit Commission for NFI purposes and will be used for cross-system and cross-authority comparison for the prevention and detection of fraud
- protect public funds in investigating misuse of public money.
The council also uses basic Council Tax information about you, for example name and address, in other areas of service provision if this:
- helps you to access services more easily
- promotes the more efficient and cost-effective delivery of services
- helps recover monies owed to the council.
The council will not use your personal data in a way that may cause you unwarranted detriment. Any disclosure of personal data shall be made in line with the Data Protection Act 2018.
If you have any comments or questions about the information provided above, please contact:
Phone: 01634 332 222
Write to: Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, ME4 4TR
For further financial information regarding the police and fire services, please contact:
Kent Police and Crime Commissioner
Phone: 01622 677 055
Write to: Office of the Kent Police and Crime Commissioner, Kent Police HQ, Sutton Road, Maidstone ME15 9BZ
Kent & Medway Fire & Rescue Authority
Phone: 01622 692 121
Write to: Kent and Medway Fire and Rescue Authority, Headquarters, Straw Mill Hill, Tovil, Maidstone ME15 6XB
If you have a question about paying your Council Tax bill or claiming a Council Tax reduction, please contact Medway Council.
This booklet can be made available in other formats and languages, phone 01634 333 333.
If you want to speak to someone in your own language about this booklet please phone 01634 335 577.