There are waste and recycling centres at these locations in Medway:
You can take household waste to all the centres in a privately-owned car.
All privately-owned cars are permitted, including:
- estate cars
- 4x4s with an open back or separate cab
- 4x4s with a pick-up 'hard top'
Cars with trailers
You can visit the centres in a car with a trailer.
- be no wider than the towing car
- be no longer than 6 feet 8 inches long
- hold a capacity of less than 35 cubic feet
- not be filled over capacity, trailers filled over capacity will be refused entry
Small, privately-owned vans
At Capstone waste and recycling centre you can also bring your household waste in a small-privately owned van.
This service is by appointment only on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
A small van is a vehicle that:
- can comfortably fit under the 2 metre height barrier
- has a single wheelbase
Your van and its contents must weigh less than 2 tonnes.
Vehicles not permitted at any waste and recycling centre
The following vehicles are not permitted at any site:
- sign-written vehicles, apart from taxis
- transit vans
- single cab pick-ups
- large vans
- any van with a trailer
- Luton box vans
- flatbed or drop sider vans
- horseboxes or agricultural vehicles