Support for sensory impairment
There are many organisations that offer support for different disabilities.
Support for deaf, hard of hearing and deafblind people
If you're deaf, hard of hearing or deafblind, we can help you to live independently.
- support for your welfare rights, housing and employment issues
- equipment recommendations and equipment loans (subject to assessment)
- supporting with use of interpreters
- voluntary registration as deaf or hard of hearing
- raising awareness with colleagues and external agencies about hearing issues
- specialist assessments if you're deaf, hard of hearing or deafblind
- raising awareness of the barriers that deaf and deafblind people face.
If you or someone you know has any hearing issues please contact us by:
- phone: 01634 334 466
- textphone: (18001) 01634 334 466
- email & Skype: email@example.com
- mobile (SMS only) - send a text to 07795 951465.
You can also come along to our drop-in service for support on:
- Tuesdays at Gun Wharf from 2pm to 4.30pm
- Thursdays at Twydall Community Hub from 10am to 12.30pm
Support for the sight impaired
If you are sight impaired, we can also support you to live independently.
Our services for the sight impaired are provided by Kent Association for the blind.