Support for the blind or deaf
There are many organisations that offer support for different disabilities.
Support for the deaf, hard of hearing and deafblind
If you're deaf, hard of hearing or deafblind, we can help you to live independently.
- support for your welfare rights, housing and employment issues
- equipment recommendations and equipment loans
- supporting with use of interpreters and equal access to services
- voluntary registration as deaf or hard of hearing
- educating colleagues and external agencies about hearing issues
- specialist assessments if you're deaf, hard of hearing or deafblind
- raising awareness of the barriers that deaf and deafblind people face
If you or someone you know has any hearing issues please contact us using the details below.
- Customer Contact - 01634 334 466
- Textphone - (18001) 01634 334 466
- Fax - 01634 331 199
- Email & Skype - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile (SMS only) - Send a text to 07795 951465
You can also come along to our drop-in service for support on:
- Tuesdays from 2pm to 4.30pm at Strood Community Hub
- Thursdays at Twydall Community Hub from 9.30am to 12noon
Support for the blind or visually impaired
If you’re blind there are services in Medway and Kent that can offer you support and advice to help you carry out your everyday life more easily.