We offer a 24/7 interpreting service at extremely competitive rates. This is made more attractive by our unique minimum booking time of 30 minutes for face to face interpreting, 5 minutes for telephone interpreting and our commitment to using only qualified interpreters.
Please contact us at any time with any queries:
- Phone - 01634 335 577
- Fax - 01634 333 1388
- Email - email@example.com
- Out of Hours - 01634 304 400
- Address - Community Interpreting Service, Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR
Booking an interpreter
If you need the services of a community interpreter for your clients or patients, please contact the Community Interpreting Service (CIS).
Call us first on 01634 335 577 to register for our free online booking service.
Interpreters for public services
CIS is a long-established specialist interpreting and translation service that provides solutions to the linguistics needs of public services and their clients.
It uses trained and accredited interpreters and translators in more than 60 languages and offers a reliable, confidential and impartial service.
- are trained to help you communicate with your clients in an efficient and professional manner, are impartial, and observe strict confidentiality at all times
- clarify any cultural misunderstandings
- create the opportunity for a positive exchange of information between you and a non-English speaking client.
Interpreters for health professionals
The help of an interpreter is essential while dealing with patients whose command of English is not good enough to understand or express their needs adequately when:
- taking the case history from the patient
- explaining the purpose and describing test procedures and gaining consent
- giving and explaining test results
- giving a diagnosis and prognosis
- prescribing treatment.
Interpreters for solicitors
Our service is available at legal aid rates.
If you are a qualified interpreter interested in joining the CIS team, please get in touch. We would be happy to meet you to discuss the opportunities available within our service.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Community interpreting level 3
- Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI)
Or if you're a member of the National Register of Public Service Interpreters (NRPSI), please contact us.
New career training opportunity
Gain a nationally recognised qualification in Community Interpreting on our new Level 3 course.