We own garages for rent in Twydall, Gillingham and Rainham. Specific locations are detailed on the application form.
You can rent a garage in Medway even if you’re not a council tenant, as long as you do not have any outstanding debts to Medway Council.
Apply to rent a garage
To apply you'll need:
- your contact details
- your vehicle details (if applicable)
- to tell us your preferred garage location
- to tell us how you intend to use the garage
The cost of renting a garage will increase from 5 April 2021.
The cost of renting a garage from 5 April will be:
- £13.06* per week (£56.59* per month) for non-council tenants
- £10.89 per week (£47.19 per month) for council tenants
* inclusive of VAT
If you apply and accept a garage, you will need to pay a £50 deposit plus one month rent in advance. Read the garage terms and conditions for more information.
If there is not a garage available to rent when you apply, you’ll be placed on a waiting list.
Pay garage rent
You can pay your garage rent by making an online payment or by setting up a direct debit.
Manage your garage
You will be charged for any damage you cause to the garage and we will not accept any liability if any items in your garage are lost, stolen or damaged.
- pay your garage rent by Direct Debit
- not sublet your garage
- not use your garage as a workshop or for repairing/respraying other people’s vehicles
- not store any materials that could catch fire, except the fuel in the tank of your vehicle
- give the council seven days notice if you no longer want to use your garage
Ending your garage tenancy
If you want to end your garage tenancy, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email include:
- your name
- your address
- your phone number
- the garage address
- the date you want to end the garage tenancy
You must give us a minimum of 7 days notice. The tenancy must end on a Sunday.
We will send you the Notice of Termination that you will need to sign.
You must return all the keys to us at Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, ME4 4TR by no later than 12pm on the Monday after the day your tenancy ends. If you return the keys any later we will charge you an extra weeks rent.
You must return the garage completely empty, and in good condition. If we have to clear out the garage or carry out any repairs, we will charge you for this.
If you return the garage in a good condition, we will return any deposit you have paid within 21 days.