Paying for temporary accommodation

You will have to pay a weekly charge for temporary accommodation and are responsible for the rent of the property.

If your temporary accommodation is managed by a housing association you are still liable for paying the rent but your payment will be collected by the housing association. If you don't know who manages your property call us on 01634 306 000.

If you are on a low income you can claim Housing Benefit to cover most of the rent towards your temporary accommodation. The amount you will pay will be finalised once your housing benefit claim has been processed and you must continue to pay the rent until you're told not to.

Claim Housing Benefit

If you do not pay the weekly charge in full, you could be evicted from your temporary housing.

Payment slip

If you've been placed in a bed and breakfast or shared accommodation, you will be sent a payment slip with the reference for you to pay your rent. This will be sent to the address of your temporary accommodation.

You must keep the money aside until you have your payment slip.

Allpay Card

You can use this card at any Post Office or anywhere which has PayPoint signs displayed. These are often found at local supermarkets, newsagents or garages with extended hours.

How to use your Allpay card

To use your card you can:

  • hand your card and the payment to the cashier who will issue you with a receipt
  • register to pay by text and register your phone number and card details and set up a Text Code
  • use the Allpay app
  • pay by phone using your credit or debit card

The Post Office accept cash, debit cards and cheques. Most PayPoint outlets accept cash only.

If your card is lost or damaged

If your card is lost or damaged, you can request a replacement card by phoning 01634 333 023 or email

Pay by phone

You can pay by phone with a credit or debit card by calling 01634 333 333.

You will need:

  • your Allpay Card
  • the Academy Rent Account Number or the Payment Slip reference number.

Pay online

To pay for your temporary accommodation you will need:

  • your reference number
  • the weekly amount

You can pay by following the link and selecting 'temporary accommodation' under 'payment type'.

Pay for temporary accommodation