How to help
If you are concerned about somebody or find someone sleeping rough or begging on the streets of Medway, you can direct them to key services that could help.
Services in Medway
- Housing Options Service: Weekdays 8.30am to 5.15pm, 4.45 on Fridays on 01634 333 600
- Out of hours service: 01634 304 400.
- Weekdays 9am to 5pm 01634 334 466.
View a full list of organisations and services offering food support in Medway.
Alcohol and drug services
- Turning Point: Drug and Alcohol Service at 423 High Street, Chatham. Contact Turning Point on 0300 123 1560
- Alcoholics Anonymous: in several locations. Contact Alcoholics Anonymous on 0800 917 7650.
- Walk in GP service at Community Healthy Living Centre, Balmoral Clinic, Balmoral Gardens, Gillingham. Contact GP services on 01634 334 900
- Mental Health Crisis Support: 24 hour helpline 0300 222 0123 or for hearing impaired 07860 022 819
- Dental treatment available from a mobile dental unit. Find out how to refer someone for an appointment or register with an NHS
- Medway Maritime Hospital: Call 01634 830 000.
Advice and other services
- AMAT 411 Hub: Providing a range of services including access to a toilet, shower, IT and advice at 411 High Street, Chatham.