Register a building for worship or religious marriage

Buildings used by a religious congregation can be certified for:

  • religious worship
  • religious worship and solemnisation of marriages
  • solemnisation of marriages.

A building must be certified for religious worship before, or at the same time, as the application to be certified for the solemnisation of marriages. 

Who can apply

To apply, you must be someone who represents the congregation.

For example, you could be the building's:

  • occupier
  • proprietor
  • trustee 
  • minister.

More about certifying a building for worship and marriage on GOV.UK.