If companies or contractors need to complete works on the highway or in a public car park, they must apply to suspend any parking bays that cannot be used during the works.

Who can apply

You can only apply for parking bay suspensions if you are a company or a contractor. 

You cannot apply if:

  • you're a resident
  • you're moving business premises
  • there are no restrictions in place.


Suspensions cost £33 per bay, per day. 

Parking suspensions within a car park are subject to VAT.

You can apply for parking bay suspensions online.